EMS Path Marking Tape & Rop
3M EMS Path Marking Tape & Rope
3M has developed an effective way to locate the path of underground plastic pipes and conduits, eliminating the need, problems and costs associated with tracer wire and test stations. 3M™ Electronic Marking System uses a new EMS marker technology embedded into a caution tape or pull rope for installation near or above the buried facility and helps provide continuous path location.
When energized using a 3M™ Dynatel™ Locator 7000 Series (7420, 7550, 7573), the markers are activated. The markers require no batteries, and there is no need to hook up an external transmitter or search for access points. The markers work independently, so even if a section of caution tape is cut or removed, the other markers on the tape would continue to provide accurate location. Each version of 3M™ EMS Caution Tape or rope is tuned to a frequency specific to the path of that utility (gas, telco or wastewater) and can be buried up to 0.76 m.
The Path Marking Tape is compliant to AS/NZ Standards. The Path Marking Tape and Path Marking Rope solutions are available in Gas, Electrical, Water, Sewer & Communications configurations.
- The system eliminates the need to install tracer wire
- No access points or connections are required
- The user has the ability to locate without the need for a transmitter
- Unique identification is provided for each utility tape
- The system offers low installed costs
- Rope is designed for use with horizontal directional drilling
- Signal path is maintained even if the tape or rope are cut or damaged
- Product design life is approximately 50 years
|Depth||Roll Length||Marker Spacing||Comms||Power||Water||Sewer||Gas|
|HTS = High Tensile Strength||XR = Extended Range|
3M™ iD Markers can be customized to include customer-specific information such as facility data, type of application, material type, size and placement date.