FreDrain® Strip Filter
FreDrain® Strip Filter is a composite drain and collection system consisting of a three dimensional, high-flow drainage core which is wrapped with a non-woven filtration geotextile.
FreDrain® is designed to replace a conventional sand or gravel covered pipe drains by providing a far greater surface area for water to pass, resulting in faster more efficient drainage.
Available in 100mm, 200mm and 300mm widths, either 25 or 40mm thick and come in 50m Rolls. A full range of fittings are available with the system for fast and easy installation.
The most important characteristic of any subsurface drainage system is its ability to collect water from the surrounding soil. Pipe and stone systems have major limitations when compared to FreDrain® Strip Filter. The open area in FreDrain® Strip Filter (60%) far exceed that of a perforated pipe (1.1%) and rigid strip filters (2.5%).
- Lower installed cost – Combined installation and material cost is usually less than half of that for aggregate drains.
- Easy to handle and install – Lightweight.
- Reduces drainage system space requirements.
- Strong and durable – Crush strength of core resists damage during installation.
- High flow capacity – Structure of core provides multiple channels for vertical and horizontal water flow. Geotextile filter fabric permits high volume of water into core while restraining soil.
- Subsoil drains in roads, railways, sports field and building foundations.
- Behind shotcrete walls, between concrete piles, tunnels and embankments.
- Mining industry for slope drainage, dewatering tailings.