OVERPIPE Protection Plates
The OVERPIPE HDPE mechanical protection plate was developed with GDF Suez (now Engie) R&D to provide an innovative alternative to concrete slabs. They are exclusively distributed in Australasia by Polyfabrics.
Overpipe plates have been tested rigorously to meet the requirements of mechanical protection under AS2885. Overpipe is 15 mm thick and up to 2000 mm long, coming in widths from 570mm up to 2000 mm. Overpipe is designed to protect large diameter buried pipelines (high pressure gas, hydrocarbons, potable water etc…), high voltage cables, critical water pipelines and communication cables.
50 Year Warranty
Made from injection moulded virgin HDPE, Overpipe plates perform consistently without splitting or cracking under penetrative attack. Most importantly, backed by a 50 year warranty, Overpipe provides long term mechanical protection for any vulnerable buried assets. Overpipe is the solution, when the possibility of 3rd party interference is an unacceptable risk to public safety and/or interruption of service.
Quick to install, no specialist lifting machinery is required – reducing installation costs. Overpipe plates can in fact be reused after a pipeline has been uncovered for maintenance. The perforated plastic plates do not interfere with cathodic protection testing.
Approvals by Utilities
The Overpipe Protection Plate fits the requirements of numerous utilities globally including Gaz de France, Saudi Aramco, Petronas, Total, Air Liquide & Fluxys, regarding the transportation by pipeline of high pressure gas.
In Australia & New Zealand, Overpipe plates have now been approved for use above hydrocarbon pipelines by APA, Jemena, QGC, Shell, Sea Gas, Epic Energy, Tas Gas, Santos, First Gas & Vector.
Overpipe is also being used to protect shallow buried power and optic fiber cables , such as by Vic Track on the Mernda Rail Extension.
- Made from an injection moulded virgin HDPE polymer for consistency & strength.
- Holes across the surface of the plate allow the flow of water and no disruption of cathodic protection measurement. The holes are made by moulding and not by later drilling which would weaken the plates.
- The moulded non-slip surface on both sides helps handling and avoids slip and fall accidents.
- Coloured and UV resistant to be an effective warning signal. Overpipe can be produced in different colours depending on the nature of the utility.
- Customizable warning message, moulded in relief into the surface.
- Light weight (15 to 40 kilograms depending on the model), Overpipe is easy to install and remove to allow inspection or repair of the pipeline.
- The plates can be butted end to end or for total protection, overlapped using a unique clip system.
|Code||Product Description||Size(mm)||Weight||Colour||Qty per Pallet|
|811008||OVERPIPE OV5 570 Gas||570 x 1500 x 15||11.55||yellow||50|
|811009||OVERPIPE OV6 820 Gas||820 x 1500 x 15||18.45||yellow||50|
|811020||OVERPIPE OV1 1250 Gas||1250 x 2000 x 15||30.8||yellow||30|
|811011||OVERPIPE OV2 1400 Gas||1400 x 1800 x 15||34.25||yellow||30|
|811021||OVERPIPE OV3 1500 Gas||1500 x 2000 x 15||36.7||yellow||30|
|811014||OVERPIPE OV4 1600 Gas||1600 x 1800 x 15||39.2||yellow||30|
|811013||OVERPIPE OV3 1500 COMMS||1500 X 1800 X 15||36.7||white||30|