TerraMat 3D - Turf Reinforcement Mat
TerraMat 3D/3L & 3D/5L is a synthetic turf reinforcement mat, which protects underlying soil from erosion and provides a reinforcing matrix for vegetative root growth.
It is a three or five multi-layered product manufactured from polyethylene. It consists of two high tensile base layers of net bonded between three to five upper layers that form a cuspated surface that provides an array of pockets that trap the soil particles and windblown seeds.
TerraMat 3D/3L & 3D/5L when installed gives instant protection against soil erosion caused by wind, rain and flash flooding. Top soil and seed is applied on top of the erosion mat to fill the pockets and allow the grass to grow through the mat. The established vegetation has now a reinforced root system resistant to the forces of erosion. Suitable for slopes up to 1:0.7, with grass or local vegetation surface. Not suitable for use under permanent or seasonal water levels.
- Embankments – To control erosion on steep slopes, channels, banks of rivers and lakes
- Landscaping – To stop erosion of soil and mulch on batters and slopes
- Golf Courses – Used in the walls of sand bunkers to stop the erosion of sand
TerraMat 3D/3L & 3D/5L multi layered structure combined with its flat, high modulus base layer, provides the following benefits:
- Good contact with the existing surface
- Tensile strength
- Stiffness and dimensional stability to the soil surface
In addition the upper cuspated pockets provide the following benefits:
- Reinforces the root system.
- Reduces the impact of raindrops.
- Minimise the dislocation of soil particles.