TerraStop PP Woven
Polypropylene (PP) Geotextile
TerraStop PP Woven is manufactured from durable, high-modulus PP yarns and woven into a robust, dimensionally stable geotextile. It is often used for separation, reinforcement and stabilisation in the construction of pavements. The separation action prevents the mixing of dissimilar soils allowing each soil layer in the pavement structure to function as intended.
The high-tensile strength and low-elongation properties of TerraStop PP Woven provides reinforcement and stability into the pavement section, reducing rutting and extending pavement life. It is available in varying grade strengths to suit particular project requirements.
- Separation factors that ensure effective filtration and drainage due their woven structures
- Stability and superior damage resistance
- Cross-roll direction strength when panels are sewn together for suitable application purposes
Designed for civil engineering applications such as:
- Reinforcement of granular soils
- Embankment reinforcement
- Retaining structures
- Basal reinforcement
- Piling platforms
- Subgrade improvement
- Mechanically stabilised earth
- Roadway and railway reinforcement
- Base course reinforcement
- Erosion control
- Land reclamation
- Landfill capping
- Alkali Soils – Resistant to all naturally occurring alkali soils.
- Acid Soils – Resistant to all naturally occurring acidic soils (i.e. ph > 2).
- Unaffected by bacteria, fungi, etc.
- Rats and termites will not eat TerraStop as a source of food.
EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT
TerraStop Woven geotextiles are supplied in rolls wrapped in plastic. It is recommended that the wrapping remains until the rolls are to be used. When unrolled on site, TerraStop geotextiles have UV light stabilisers incorporated into their polymer structure to ensure the products have adequate resistance to sunlight exposure during installation
TerraStop Woven geotextiles are manufactured by an ISO 9001 compliant companies under a strict Quality System. In addition batch samples are regularly tested independently. They are manufactured from weaving 100% polypropylene filaments. The properties listed are family mean values derived from comprehensive testing at the manufacturers laboratory.